I'm know as The Debonair Dude, the Administrator of the Blog "Our World As We See It" .An Interactive Community Dedicated to the Free and Open Exchange of Ideas and of opinions. ... Our motto here is “The truth shall set you free”

As they say, “the truth shall set you free” so in my blog I'll let you know exactly what's on my mind. I don't play the PC game, If you want my opinion, I’m here to give you exactly that, so be very careful what you ask for, because you might get what you asked for.

This forum is very general, it has subjects from Humor to Politics, Trivia, Sports, News. Entertainment, Current Events and anything else that maybe on your mind.This blog will tell you my why I believe Barack Hussein Obama is the worst and the most incompetent President the USA has ever seen.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....  
Dedicated to My Sweet Old Friend Dusty. Rest in Peace.
We just said goodbye to our wonderful Cat of 20 wonderful years, Goodbye my little Pal, my faithful friend .  You will be missed. 

Heavenly Father, Creator of all things, thank you for having entrusted us with a loyal pet. Thank you for letting him teach us unselfish love. Thank you for the memories that we can recall to brighten our days for the rest of our lives. Finally, in gratitude, we return our little friend and loved Pet Dusty  to you. Amen. 

12 comments:

  1. My condolence brother-been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon, I appreciate that, it's not my first time either. But this little guy was 20 and a half years old, he was a part of my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that my Tia met Dusty when he arrived and that they are romping around in the warm sunlight together. I have a framed copy of "Rainbow Bridge," that I rewrote for Tia, behind the urn with her ashes and her last picture. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marine for your kind words and thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful relationship, that between man and his dog. Sure, we know they are not really people, but somehow the bond grows so strong that we think of them as family. It is so very hard to lose them. I know you miss Dusty as my wife and I miss Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joe and my best to you and your Wife, I can feel for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for you and your family. There is a special place in our hearts that only a beloved pet can hold. The good part of it all is that all our pets have been "rescued" from an otherwise miserable existence. For this can always bring us peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lisa it was very thoughtful of you to write that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need words of comfort as these times. It's so difficult to lose a pet.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for those kind words "B" I share my grief with you. Just for the record. My Dusty was a Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss DD. I'm 63 years old and have outlived 4 dogs and curently have number 5. Misty's a young 7 years old. Previous dogs lived nice long lives and their deaths were really hard to take. Scooter saw her 15th birthday, Kiko made 14, Ginger lived to the ripe old age of just shy of her 20th, Mercedes was only 13. Every last one of them was just like 1 of the kids and their passing was mighty hard to take, so I know exactly what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sincerest condolences.

    I have a cat named Dusti; she is a mere 15 years old (a young age for our senior cats, really). She already has serious kidney disease, and I know that the terrible, terrible day is coming all too soon. For now she's with us, and she gets her way in all things -- large and small.

    ReplyDelete